Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014

It's now 2014. We're 1 year closer to the date Marty McFly travels to the future in Back To The Future Part 2! And a whole lot of others things are closer too. But you've got things to do, and so do I, so let's keep this one short...


2013 was a great year. I discovered more about what kind of ministry God is calling me into. I learned more about building websites that work great on any device. I was able to lead another great team of CYIA'ers during the summer, and teach awesome groups of kids through Good News Clubs, 5-Day Clubs, and Released-time Classes. And most recently, I started courting my amazing girlfriend Kaytlin.

Normally, people make resolutions to go along with the new year. Things they want to get done. I've found that for myself, and for many other people, these resolutions don't work. Not because it's a bad idea, but because they don't have a reason to keep them up. So rather than resolve to do something you want to do, why not just start doing something you should be doing anyway? Reading God's Word.

Sure, it sounds simple enough, but it'll change your life. Reading the Bible each day changes the way you see things. And as you read more of the Bible, you'll want to keep reading more. And as you read more still, God will begin to work in your life (if you let Him) and help you change all of those things that you might resolve to fix with a New Year's Resolution.

So as the sun rises on 2014, make sure that God stays at the center (reading your Bible helps). Do that, and 2104 can be an amazing year for you and those around you.

Godspeed,

- Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment