Tuesday, January 14, 2014

What's in a Name?

It's been awhile since I've talked about the reasons behind my blog title, and it actually fits really well with where I'm at, so let's take a look at "Landscape for a Hero"...


I originally titled my blog as "Landscape for a Hero" for two reasons. First, each man is called to be a hero for his wife. His life circumstances are the landscape where he is formed into that hero. Second, these heroes are called to be like the true hero, Jesus. And their lives are a place, a landscape, for Him to work as well.

Recent events in my life have helped me to see what God has been doing in my heart over the past 2 years. He's changed me slowly since then, but it's apparent now that I look back. God's been forming me into a better man, one Kaytlin can respect and trust. He's changed my views on a lot of things, and helped me be more willing to give up what I want for what He wants.

How did this happen? Well, I didn't really try to be better. I did try to follow God as much as possible, and to stay in His Word every day. Not just reading the Bible, but looking for something in each section I read that really stood out and thinking on that during the day. I tried to keep God in the center of my life, and to do what He wanted me to do. It wasn't easy, and there were times it hurt, but it's been so worth it.

God used the circumstances around me, my landscape, to both be the hero in my life, and to help form me into a hero. And He is still working, I'm not done yet! :P

Are you letting God use your landscape to form you into the hero He wants you to be? God doesn't ask you to be perfect, just to give it your best. Try your hardest to keep Him at the center of your life: let Him be your hero. And in time you may find that you get to be a hero for someone else, to help them see the true hero, Jesus Christ.

Godspeed!

- Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment