Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Future...

I've been unable to post here in awhile, but that's because God has been working out some pretty cool things in my life. It seems He's unraveling more of His plans for my future...

It's been over a month since my last post. But it's been an amazing month. Last time Kaytlin was here (spring break) we had talked about me finding a job in Boise so that we could be closer to each other. I looked into it, and God seemed to be opening doors. Turns out it was just one door, and God had closed all the others. That one open door? A full time position with CEF of Idaho. And you guessed it, their office is in Boise.

This last week, Kaytlin was over again, only this time I traveled back to Boise with her. I got to explore the city, spend time with Kaytlin in some of her favorite spots, and meet with the CEF State Board members. They'll make a final decision regarding my position with them on May 31st, but overall their response has been positive, and I'm confident this is where God wants me to be. I'll be able to continue teaching kids and working with computers, while also learning some new skills in spearheading new ministry outreaches. It's going to stretch me, but I'm excited to see what God does.

Right now the biggest hurdle is one of finances. In order for me to work full time, I'm going to need about $2000 worth of monthly support. It seems like an impossible goal, but I know God's got it taken care of. I just have to try my best and do what He wants me to do, and He'll take care of the rest.

Would you please be praying for me? This is going to be quite the busy summer between work with CEF of Benton County, raising support for both positions, and getting everything ready for my move to Boise. Would you also be praying for me and Kaytlin? God's continuing to lead us towards marriage, and we want to follow His guidance and timing in every step of our relationship.

The future looks bright to me. And it should to you too, if God's the one directing your steps. Trust Him in everything and see where He'll take you!

Godspeed!

- Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment